Monday, July 2, 2012

MAKE-UP REVIEW: REVLON PhotoReady Powder

I had this early June, so might as well do a review on this. I've been wanting to try this ever since I read it in a beauty magazine. Luckily, my Dad bought this for me since it's not available in the local stores from where I live.

Both have a sturdy black rectangular plastic casing, with a see-through lid so that the product can be seen. I don't like the fact that it's too big, that it actually covers a lot of space on my makeup kit.

REVLON PHOTOREADY POWDER


My shade is in Fair/ Light 010. It claims to give a perfected airbrushed skin in any light. It covers flaws and eliminates flaws. I actually expected too much on this one. It's too sheer, it doesn't really cover much. I don't like how it makes my skin look dry even if it gives an instant glow. It feels cakey, though it does give a shimmering effect on the face which I love when taking photos.


It comes with a handy brush that I don't like. The bristles are hard, felt like it could scrape my skin! It wastes a lot of product, giving my face an uneven, dry finish. I had to throw it away and use a regular powder brush instead.

The product isn't really horrible, but it's not the best even.
It didn't suit my needs, maybe it works for some people, but not for me.

PROS:

* Fragrance- free
* Oil- free
* gives an instant glow on the face
* it has SPF 14!
* Photographs really well

CONS:

* It's too pricey for a drugstore make-up :(
* gives a dry, chalky feeling on my skin
* when you apply too much, you'll look like a fire- fly


RATING:
3/5
Will I purchase it again?
I think not.
Although it does lives up to its claim of giving a soft glow to the skin, I wasn't really impressed with the powder.


1 comment:

  1. Claiming that it's gives "perfected airbrushed skin in any light" is too much to start with. And it does look chalky in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...